GUID all zeros (384 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Nathan Simpson
Message 1 of 5 (384 Views)

GUID all zeros

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I really don't know how this happened but I have a nx6320 that we image using RIS. We use the GUID to set the name during install. It has been imaged a few times already during testing, but now when I enter F12 and it tries to obtain an IP address the GUID is all zeros.

How could this have happened and how can I set the GUID back to what it was?

Thanks

Nathan

P.S. this thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > general to Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE - Hp Forums Moderator

Occasional Visitor
Hans Reiman
Message 2 of 5 (384 Views)

Re: GUID all zeros

Hi Nathan,
I have excactly the same problem here in the RSA on the Nc6400 range of notebooks.The client wants to load the image via the network.You press F12 and it shows you the Mac address and the GUID as all zero's and 1 or 2 at the end of the 24 digits.Do you have any ideas on this one.
Hans
Frequent Advisor
Nathan Simpson
Message 3 of 5 (384 Views)

Hi Hans,

I fixed by calling HP. They sent out a tech who had to get some special software. We weren't allowed to use it. This software allowed them to re-enter the GUID. All was well then.

Sorry I can't offer you a solution that you can fix yourself.

Nathan
Occasional Visitor
Hans Reiman
Message 4 of 5 (384 Views)

Hi Nathan,
Thanks for your input.The GUID seems to have something do do with windows.I will keep you informed if you wish.
Regards
Hans
Frequent Advisor
Nathan Simpson
Message 5 of 5 (384 Views)

Hi Hans,

That would be great. If you find out anything please post back.

Thanks

Nathan
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.