Frustrated -- Intel 915GM Drivers Won't Install (243 Views)
Occasional Visitor
tomsal
Message 1 of 3 (243 Views)

Frustrated -- Intel 915GM Drivers Won't Install

Ok granted this NC6230 is probably a year old, but its in great shape for the most part -- I had to wipe the HD clean and re-install XP and all drivers...so I'm a big cranky right now after hours of installing stuff...but it flipped my lid to find out HP posts the video drivers for this thing which are Intel 915GM and apparently there is another file needed to install for this driver to work...I keep getting "Can not install missing a file or corrupt install". Now to address the corrupt install I downloaded the file three times and from TWO different computers, same thing. Its the only component left for this computer to be 100% complete.

Please help.....and btw, who creates a forum w/o a search feature? HP batting a thousand with me tonight in the realm of stupidity.
Honored Contributor
DDBrunnenmeyer
Message 2 of 3 (243 Views)

Re: Frustrated -- Intel 915GM Drivers Won't Install

Honored Contributor
Ron Silver_1
Message 3 of 3 (243 Views)

Re: Frustrated -- Intel 915GM Drivers Won't Install

I have seen this corrupt install occur if the file was blocked by windows firewall or some third party firewalls. You may want to unblock the files before you try to install it. On most driver downloads they are blocked if you watch you will see a ;ittle shield in the bottom of the download when you start. To unblock the file here is how you do it slect the file with a right click and select the properties. On the window that comes up slect the Unblock button towards the bottom, then the Apply Button, the file is now unblocked. Now try to execute it. If this doesn't work The file that is posated may be defective. I had a similar instance on some Virus Def. files a while back.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.