Embedded Security status Indication Applet (817 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Håkan Björkström
Message 1 of 4 (817 Views)

Embedded Security status Indication Applet

HP NX9420 w/ Windows XP Pro.

When I boot the PC and just have logged in I receive an error message
"Embedded Security status Indication Applet", Catastrohic failure.

Has this message anything to do with HP software? How can I get rid of it? It sounds that I am in a security risk, true?

Glad for any answers...

Håkan
Occasional Visitor
Dan Nicolaison
Message 2 of 4 (817 Views)

Re: Embedded Security status Indication Applet

I just started receiving the same message yesterday. I think there is one of two things that caused it: 1) I just updated to the new Symantic Norton 360 V 2.0 from version 1.x, or 2) A series of 5 Microsoft Updates also updated my machine yesterday.

I'm pretty sure either one or the combination of these events caused the issue. So far, I'm not seeing any issues while running, but as you said, I'm not sure what this means, and would like to find out.

Thanks,
Dan
Occasional Contributor
Håkan Björkström
Message 3 of 4 (817 Views)

Hello Dan,

I'm quite sure Norton installation/upgrade has caused the "failure". I contacted Symantec but they refused to confess. HP support advised me to download and reinstall "HP Embedded Security for ProtectTools and Infineon TPM Driver", downloaded from www.hp.com. I haven't done it yet, because according to HP the failure is not "Catastrophic".

Rgds HÃ¥kan
Occasional Visitor
Sandie Fitchat
Message 4 of 4 (817 Views)

Dear Dan and Hakan
Same laptop, also with XP Pro. Recent update of Norton 360 also caused my problem. Solved by HP's solution in Hakan's message below.
Thanks, Hakan!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.