Re: Elitepad 900 problems with wi-fi networks - limited connectivity (1404 Views)
Advisor
docjb1
Message 26 of 37 (2,865 Views)

Re: Elitepad 900 problems with wi-fi networks - limited connectivity

WIFI problems persist at one clinic. When there is no WIFI there is no BT. Running the WIFI troubleshooter gets WIFI reconnected, but it lasts only minutes. HP has now escalated my case to Level II. The Tech sent me a BIOS update and I will try that first, before I send the ElitePad back in to HP for replacement of the WIFI card. So it goes....
Occasional Visitor
GenoKearney
Message 27 of 37 (2,848 Views)

There is a new driver and it fixed the wifi for me. It is SP61232 and can be found here ..

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=51...

I also replaced my 7 yr old Linksys router with a new Netgear N750 which may have helped.

Geno

Advisor
docjb1
Message 28 of 37 (2,786 Views)

The BIOS update failed due to a "1722" error. The EP is now at Level II and they are to write code to install the BIOS upgrade. The device, at this time, is running fine. Will update as more follows.
Advisor
docjb1
Message 29 of 37 (2,708 Views)

I talked to Level II Support and they recommended that I update the WIFI driver to the most current version from the HP Driver and Support section. I updated the driver and tested it today on the open (unsecured) public network that I could get on before, but could not stay on. It is now functioning perfectly. So, I am very pleased.
Occasional Visitor
tobiasschiessl
Message 30 of 37 (2,649 Views)

first I uninstalled windows update KB2781197 and thought this fixes the issue, but 5 minutes later my wlan status switched to limited :(

then I installed the newest wlan driver from teh HP website:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=51...

and now, since 20 minutes the connection is stable. I never had a stable connection for a so long time :)

Advisor
docjb1
Message 31 of 37 (2,626 Views)

One week later from WIFI update 3.7.0.206 from the HP support website, I am having no WIFI problems whatsoever. PROBLEM RESOLVED FOR ME. Thanks to all for the postings on this topic.
Advisor
Russell Johnson
Message 32 of 37 (2,616 Views)

I was able to resolve this problem via a driver update available in Windows Updates.

-Russell

Regular Visitor
GBiasini
Message 33 of 37 (2,420 Views)

Beware.  While the Atheros driver update dated March 22 fixes this issue, the latest update dated April 26 results again in limited connectivity.  i had to revert to March 22 version.

Frequent Advisor
Residentx10
Message 34 of 37 (2,251 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm opening trouble tickets on Elitepad today. Is this issue fixed? I get limited connectivity because of the System on Chip but it goes away after a few minutes. 

I think this is caused when the elitepad shuts down...it doesn't have time to clean up the connections. You have to release the connection before you log off/shutdown. If you don't you have to allow it to purge/clean up when it boots up.

Frequent Advisor
Residentx10
Message 35 of 37 (2,247 Views)

[ Edited ]

Adjusting the setting at the bottom of this image may help too...

"uncheck" the fast Startup/shutdown

Visitor
bobsheridon
Message 36 of 37 (2,090 Views)

ipconfig /renew worked for me

Advisor
mtfitzgerald
Message 37 of 37 (1,404 Views)

Got fed up with all of these WiFi problems this morning.... Now going to try what another colleague did after his ElitePad also reported that he had no network adapter... reset... update to Win 8.1, work out how to install IDA... (Tips welcome)

On top of the recurring WiFi issues, I have never been able to persuade it to connect to the application self-service manager. Tapping the menu choice just does nothing at all. This means I have never been able to install "The Point". I think the supposedly automatic update process has worked twice in the last six months. If I try to launch it manually, nothign happens.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.