04-22-2013 03:15 AM - edited 04-22-2013 05:16 AM
This WE I updated the HP Drivers and Firmware packages from 1.06 to 1.08.
This upgrade was fine, but:
* Before I had a stylus working well on the ipad but not on the Elitepad 900.
* Before I had (like other it seem) many problem to wake up the device (had to hard reset by long press on wake up button)
After the upgrade the Stylus is working perfectly (not surprising when I look the release note of the firmware)
But my wake up is more problematic than before and I have even problem to sleep the device.
From time to time the sleep action is not available in the "shutdown" menu and when it's the case i cannot use the sleep button.
When the option is available the device can sleep (by button and menu) but in 90% of this case it will never wake-up.
I had a look with powercfg but didn't noticed anything special
I'm alone, HP any comment ?
04-22-2013 01:13 PM
I have exactly the same problem. It does not matter what power options I select, hard reset is the only way to restart after the pad has been in sleep for just a few minutes. Very frustrating.
04-23-2013 11:59 PM
Anybody else impacted? I saw other post about freeze in standby around this forum but no solution.
I also tried some different version of the graphic card driver without any luck.
As from now the device is unusable due to "unable to standby" and when "stand by go the freeze" nearly 100 %
Docking, no docking, jacket , no jacket , SIM card and without SIM card .
Before the update the freeze was not so systematic.
04-24-2013 11:13 AM
My Elitepad started having your exact problem after I had removed the old and installed the latest WiFi driver, in an attempt to fix the "limited connectivity" problem.
Somehow, the new driver installation unchecked that box for me, and it took me several days to figure out why the Elitepad no longer woke up once it went to sleep.
Hope it helps.
04-24-2013 11:48 AM
Thanks ! I had a look to this settings without luck because before my Epad 900 was wake-up too much.
I setted back to allow wake-up but didn't solve the issue.
04-25-2013 06:32 AM
i am also having this issue.
If you leave it frozen long enough after you try and wake it up then it bsod.
I have attached a screenshot of the minidump file. Anyone got any ideas?
Dissapointed tbh, tempted to send the device back!
04-26-2013 05:59 AM
Ticket open to HP
They are looking the issue but seem not reproducible anyway continue to look (hopefully)
Anybody could comments ?
04-28-2013 01:14 AM
Previous mini-dump caused by wifi but no all the 3 minidump that I have.
*Charm->Settings->Change PC Settings->General->Advanced Startup->Restart->Troubleshoot->advanced->UEFIFirm
05-30-2013 09:37 AM
Hi all, had the same problem after firmware upgrade 126.96.36.199 (pre-installed) -> 188.8.131.52.
1) downgraded 184.108.40.206 -> 220.127.116.11 = nok, same problems
2) downgraded 18.104.22.168 -> 22.214.171.124 = ok, both problems (power-on + resume from standby solved)
No other issues encountered with firmware 126.96.36.199 running.
05-31-2013 06:31 AM
I solved the problem by a Restore to factory and a Windows update to updated drives.
I noticed that HP Security Tools create wake-up of the device.
My new issues is that I'm not able to use bitlocker .
The trusted platform module is nor recognized under device manager - security device .
Do you have this TPM ?
06-16-2013 01:40 AM
We have the same issue on 3 of our elitepads after firmwaremupgrade. One of them we have reinstalled windows and it seems to work. Hope its possible t fix it somehow without reinstalling the other two.
01-25-2014 06:48 AM
- had this exact problem on a 2013 model Elitepad...problem went 'away' after it got stolen.
- Just got my replacement Elitepad. It has all the latest drivers, firmware from website, and upgraded to Win 8.1
- Then...the other morning, it is sitting in the cradle and the power button does not wake it up from standby; had to do a hard reset.
- So I started doing the work around I tried last year. This was to use the Power command in charms to put it in Sleep rather than use the button. On old machine this (almost always) prevented to resume problme.
- But today....with my brand new machine and all the latest updates...I had to hard reset to wake it from sleeping after using the power button to sleep it the night before.
- So I put it back to sleep using the Power command (my old work around).
- An hour later...a hard reset was required thus my work around does not even seem to work any more
I fine machine sullied and made useless (since you can never leave anything open for fear of not being able to wake from sleep).
01-25-2014 07:17 AM
Oh...for all of those who heard the advice to check the power management feature tab on the wireless adapter...here is why you don't see it:
If you have this patch on (and you probably do since it was in a big rollup last July), you won't see the tab. According to the link, everything is now be design...and this problem also should nto be happening...
But it still does...at least it is another clue
05-30-2014 02:53 AM
My Elite pad has been off for over 2 weeks as i had to order in a charger replacement , and now after charging it for over 24 hours it still refuses to come on , all it does when i try to power it on is a whte flash at the top right corner ..i need assistance, as i have documents i desperately need on the pad. oh and i ordered in a docking station (thats what i am currently using to charge it.