Elitepad 900 WLAn not detected and Qualcomm UART bus enumerator failure (267 Views)
Occasional Visitor
MickeyAdams
Message 1 of 3 (267 Views)

Elitepad 900 WLAn not detected and Qualcomm UART bus enumerator failure

Hey guys, I work repairing Elitepad 900's but im having an issue in some cases that i just replace the system board and the wlan device is not been detected, it just dissapear.  Basically i tried to solve this issue by just reinstalling the OS, doing the OS refresh or installing a know good wlan card, the last driver package as well, etc. but it just don't work.  So I contacted the support and i was sent a new System board and WLAN card. I changed the parts, did a cold reset, reinstalled the OS, did the refresh, updated drivers. But still it just doesnt work.  I usually don't have any problems with fixing occured errors but I just don't know how to deal with something that isn't recognized at all (there is not even a Device shown that isnt recognized) and a driver is missing on device manager " Qualcomm UART Bus Enumerator".  One thing I noticed is that the bluetooth seems to don't work as well.(at least I see the option but it says error when I try to active it). It sounds a little big cocky but I'm pretty sure that the card was built in correctly and so was the Systemboard. This problem is not just in one particular unit, 4 of 10 units with system board replacement has the same problem. Have you guys any ideas or suggestions to fix this problem ?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
AdrianKeeley
Message 2 of 3 (202 Views)

Re: Elitepad 900 WLAn not detected and Qualcomm UART bus enumerator failure

I've got the same issue with a new out of the box Elitepad 900 but I dont think its a hardware issue I think its software as you can unistall, Reboot install the driver and the wifi will work whilst the device is left on however if you reboot again the wifi disappears from Windows 8.1.

The device is still there but you cant toggle it in the wifi menu or see it on an ipconfig....

Please use plain text.
Visitor
WilO
Message 3 of 3 (173 Views)

Re: Elitepad 900 WLAn not detected and Qualcomm UART bus enumerator failure

This may or may not be of any help but I found when replacing WLAN adapters that I have to pull the battery plug out of the main board. If I try to switch a WLAN adapter while the battery is still plugged in then it won't register the new adapter at all, even after a reboot.

Hope that helps!

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation