Elitebook 8460p Touchpad Issue (4923 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Jacemg
Message 1 of 6 (4,923 Views)

Elitebook 8460p Touchpad Issue

I am currently experiencing an issue where I will be typing or holding down keys and the touchpad will freeze and will not move properly while I am using the keyboard. I've tried using external mice and the mouse-stick built into the keyboard and the problem isn't present with the other devices but only with the touchpad. I've made sure I have the latest synaptic driver from HP and am wondering if this problem has been documented before?

Thanks,

Jon

Regular Advisor
Woonings
Message 2 of 6 (4,919 Views)

Re: Elitebook 8460p Touchpad Issue

Hallo,

Plse try following :

Boot notebook in BIOS and try the same there. If it works fine in BIOS you have a driver problem.

If it also does not work in BIOS you prolly have a hardware problem.

GL

Alex

Occasional Visitor
Jacemg
Message 3 of 6 (4,897 Views)

The BIOS doesn't utilize the mouse at all. Keyboard only.

Occasional Visitor
weleasewoger
Message 4 of 6 (4,828 Views)

Just for the record, I am also seeing this.

The pointer seems to get stuck when on the right side of the screen. Only violently swipes on the touchpad seem to release it.

Annoying....

Occasional Collector
GrabberCat
Message 5 of 6 (4,689 Views)

BIOS and Win7 Enterprise same problem: Touchpad randomly is not working at all. It is a HW problem. BIOS upgraded with same effect... Please, I really like this laptop. Help me out HP

Occasional Visitor
Vladislav Marinov
Message 6 of 6 (4,610 Views)

What about if you go to Control Panel / Mouse / Device Setings ,  and press [Enable]? It works for me...

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.