Elitebook 8440p and 8460p external monitor issues (1153 Views)
Collector
tjensen098
Message 1 of 1 (1,153 Views)

Elitebook 8440p and 8460p external monitor issues

My company has 40 something 8440p (Intel and Nvidia graphics), and 8460p (Radeon graphics) laptops.

Most of them are plugged into the HP Advanced Docking stations.

The issue is that Asus VH242 monitors we bought a huge amount of don't work when plugged into the DVI ports on the back of the Advanced Docking Station or when plugged into the Display ports on the back of the dock.

I've tested with an array of other monitors; hp, dell, viewsonic, and those all work in dual monitor DVI mode. Its universal that all the brand new Asus vh242 monitors don't work with DVI. They DO work with the VGA plug however, but the people that are above my pay scale want their pretty dual monitors instead of laptop monitor + vga monitor.

Of course the drivers and firmware are all up to date, and I'm working with images based on the original HP images.

RMAing and replacing 30+ monitors isn't a possibility at this time, and I don't have enough other branded monitors to satisfy the higher pay scale people.

Has anyone else ran into this issue? Solutions? Thank you.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.