EliteBook 8540w Built-in Microphone Not Working (2693 Views)
Advisor
bimmerdriver
Message 1 of 5 (2,693 Views)

EliteBook 8540w Built-in Microphone Not Working

I've used the built-in mic before, but since HP had my computer apart, it's not working. I can get the external headset mic to work. Considering the problems they have caused, I'm suspicious that they left the connector undone, but I'd like to rule out settings before I try to fix it myself. If anyone out there using Windows 7 has any suggestions, please let me know.

中级访客
XYEVOLVE
Message 2 of 5 (2,692 Views)

Re: EliteBook 8540w Built-in Microphone Not Working

Make sure you installed the latest audio driver.
聚惠网 www.hpfocus.com -惠普产品的专业论坛-
聚焦惠普,汇聚专业
Advisor
bimmerdriver
Message 3 of 5 (2,680 Views)

It was working before the repair so I didn't think the driver would fix anything, but I updated it from the HP website anyway. As I expected, it didn't fix anything. Maybe it was not connected properly when the repair was done.

Advisor
bimmerdriver
Message 4 of 5 (2,646 Views)

HP came back and replaced the system board and display board. Now the microphone is working. Either there was a problem with the system board or the technician didn't connect it properly when he had the computer opened up. My money is on the latter, considering he left the fan disconnected and he forgot to replace the screws that hold the keyboard in place.

Occasional Visitor
nxd10
Message 5 of 5 (1,429 Views)

I have an identical issue after sending it off to repair and getting a new motherboard.  I'm about to replace a keyboard.  Any idea where the connector is?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.