Eliebook 8440p battery life (718 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Bill_St
Message 1 of 2 (718 Views)

Eliebook 8440p battery life

All the literature says the 6-cell battery on the 8440p lasts "up to 6 hours".  I am getting 2 and a half hours typically. I understand that the life depends on configuration, active features, activity etc.  However I have tested my machine with network card and bluetooth deactivated, running windows 7 64-bit in safe mode, with no user applications running and I get no significant improvement.  I have tried using a new battery but the results are the same.

HP support now tells me (after several months of investigation) that this is totally normal for this machine.  I think their sales literature is totally misleading and represents a deception.  I would be prepared to accept 5 hours, or even 4.5, but to get less than 50% of the "up to" figure is not reasonable in my mind.

I would like to know whether other forum members are getting the same sort of battery life. 

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
banhien
Message 2 of 2 (694 Views)

Re: Eliebook 8440p battery life

Hi,

I'm on the same boat, not HP machines currently (I've still have 2 HP laptops at home but they are old). Asus, Dell, Sony, Toshiba .. you name them. I've never got to 75% of the "claimed" time even just leave the machines sitting there. To be honest, I don't know how they test this (including some magazines testers) but it seems to me their brochures are totally misleading as you said.

Regards,

BH
====
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation