ELITEBOOK 8570p Wireless Freeze (187 Views)
Occasional Visitor
obyno
Message 1 of 4 (187 Views)

ELITEBOOK 8570p Wireless Freeze

hi,

i have an elitebook 8570p. i have noticed that sometimes when am connected to a wireless network and i switch to another one (access point) the wireless just freezes. it rotates and stops rotating and just hangs there. sometimes i have to go to device manager and disable/enable the wireless before i can use it again, or i may have to reboot the system entirely.

how can i resolve this?.

Honored Contributor
Toffy
Message 2 of 4 (174 Views)

Re: ELITEBOOK 8570p Wireless Freeze

obyno

Please post your Windows Version and WLAN Card name Intel 6200?

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

Occasional Visitor
obyno
Message 3 of 4 (152 Views)

Windows 7 professional 64bit? nad the WLAN card name is "intel centrino advanced-N 6205"

Honored Contributor
Toffy
Message 4 of 4 (148 Views)

[ Edited ]

Please install the new driver

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?lang=eng&changeLang=true&DwnldId=23491

For installation deactivate the Virusscanner

Reboot

For InternetSecurity you must set for every network a profile, many internet security blocking the network changes

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.