Dual Monitor support for HP 2540P with docking station? (3802 Views)
Occasional Visitor
prouddad31
Message 1 of 3 (3,802 Views)

Dual Monitor support for HP 2540P with docking station?

[ Edited ]

I have a new HP 2540P that I'm using with it's HP docking station.  I've connected my main monitor (standard analog connection) with the connector on the docking station. I'd like to set up as dual monitor.  There's another monitor output on the side of the laptop. When I connect to it, windows XP doesn't seem to recognize the 2nd monitor, and when I'm in display properties or even the Intel Graphics and media control panel, it doesn't seem to recognize that there's a 2nd display attached.  Can I attach a 2nd analog monitor in this way and if so, any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?  For my primary monitor, I have the option to attach via display port if both monitors need to attach off the docking station (will need to adapt display port to DVI). 

Thanks for any help! 

Occasional Visitor
Kimberann
Message 2 of 3 (2,299 Views)

Re: Dual Monitor support for HP 2540P with docking station?

really...I tried this with 3 different cable and got nothing... could not even get signal. This is a poor design of a docking station to not have both VGA and DVI ports

Occasional Visitor
Fmstrat
Message 3 of 3 (1,957 Views)

Re: Dual Monitor support for HP 2540P with docking station?

Can someone confirm this works? Seems to be conflicting information in the forums.

Thanks!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.