Drivers for nc6320 with Windows 7 (28587 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Jaroslav Podhorský
Message 1 of 4 (28,587 Views)

Drivers for nc6320 with Windows 7

Hello,

I have Compaq nc6320 with Windows Vista Busines and Im going to upgrade (buy new OS) on Windows 7.

But if I could find a drivers for nc6320, Windows Vista is not in options.

My question is:

Exist drivers for nc6320 in Windows Vista?

Does HP support for nc6320 with Windows Vista?

Thank you indeed.

Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 2 of 4 (28,581 Views)

Re: Drivers for nc6320 with Windows 7

Hi:

Your notebook should run Windows 7 just fine. However, HP does not/will not provide support and drivers for it for Windows 7. I have an nc6400 which is not supported either and it works under windows 7 pro 32 bit just fine. Everything works.

The only thing you have to make sure of is that if you want to run the 64 bit version, you must have a 64 bit capable processor in your notebook. That would be a minimum of the T5500. Mine has the T7200 and is 64 bit capable but I chose to go with 32 bit.  If you have a T2400 or T2500 processor in your notebook, it will NOT be capable of running W7 64 Bit, only 32 Bit.

You can confirm what I have written by visiting the Microsoft website, download and install the W7 upgrade advisor. Hook up any printers, scanners etc., too and it will let you know if these will work with Windows 7.

Here is the link to that download:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/upgrade-advisor

Lastly, many Windows Vista drivers will work just fine with Windows 7 if you are missing anything. The first thing you need to do is get connected to the internet and let W7 automatically search for drivers and let them get installed. If anything is missing after that, then you can install the Vista drivers.

If you decide to upgrade, do all of the above and still have any missing devices, post back and we will attempt to assist you further.

Personally, I think you will have no problems at all.

Paul

Occasional Visitor
simply_williamx
Message 3 of 4 (14,935 Views)

Re: Drivers for nc6320 with Windows 7 urgent help

after installing  windows 7 on my nc6320, i got a no audio device installed upon troubleshooting the closed speaker icon. pls help cos all my drivers are up to date.

Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 4 of 4 (14,924 Views)

Re: Drivers for nc6320 with Windows 7 urgent help

Hi:

Connect your nc6320 to the internet.

Go to the device manager and click on the multimedia audio controller. Click on the driver tab and then select the automatic search for drivers.

Windows update should find a suitable audio driver which it will automatically download and install.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.