Driver Packs (1394 Views)
Occasional Visitor
CovTech
Message 1 of 4 (1,394 Views)

Driver Packs

I see that HP has created driver packs for the Compaq 6300's and the Z420/Z620/Z820 machines, and there appears to be one for the 8x70w series laptops, but I cannot find one for the 8x70p series laptops. Anyone know where I might find these driver packs? They don't appear to be on the page for each of these models. I am looking for Win7 x64 Ent drivers.

Does HP have a nice driver pack page setup that makes it easy to find the driver packs you need in one centeral location, like Dell does?

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/w/wiki/2065.dell-driver-cab-files-for-ente...

Occasional Visitor
g0llem
Message 2 of 4 (1,360 Views)

Re: Driver Packs

I agree. We use a lot of HP laptops and it's always a crime to get them working with Windows deployment service. Every time that we get a new model HP notebook it costs hours to get a working driverpack.

For a short period we used Dell and I was very suprised with the exelent driverpacks that they provide on their webside. They seem to know that large companies need driverpacks for large deployments. With our next investment I will ask for Dell again.

HP Pro
ironcoog
Message 3 of 4 (1,312 Views)

Yes, HP provides a tool called the SoftPaq download manager for the purpose you are describing.

HP SoftPaq Download Manager

I work on behalf of HP
Occasional Visitor
CovTech
Message 4 of 4 (1,302 Views)

Unfortunately, the Softpaq download manager doesn't have a driver pack either. I checked there as well. I usually end up using that tool to grab groups of drivers when a driver pack isn't available.

I'm just upset that for being an enterprise-oriented company, HP doesn't take more steps to make enterprise deployments on their enterprise-oriented equipment, like Elitebooks, easier to manage and deploy. Now I have to download individual drivers, piece them together, and build SCCM packages for drivers that require you run an EXE installer because the raw INF driver isn't available. Makes my MDT deployment shares into a mess, harder to manage, and causes more testing and configuration than necessary.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.