Docking Station Differences? (376 Views)
Occasional Contributor
stroke44
Message 1 of 3 (376 Views)

Docking Station Differences?

I have a HP Compaq 8510w Mobile Workstation notebook PC. I'm interested in a docking station.

Besides price, I was curious to know that the difference between the following two models of "HP Advanced Docking Station with Smart Adapter":
EN489AA - $269.00
EN489UT - $229.00
As far as I can tell from the HP site, the specs are the same. What warrants the $40 price difference?

I have the same question with the other model that has 2 less USB ports and no MultiBay II port. This model is "HP Docking Station with Smart Adapter":
EN488AA - $189.00
EN488UT - $159.00

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.

Valued Contributor
neil stober
Message 2 of 3 (376 Views)

Re: Docking Station Differences?

none , i just bought the nas em537ut , and when i got it the serial # was em 537AA#ABA , So as far as i can tell i saved $100.00 over the AA model that sold for $408 and got the AA model .
either i'm lucky or there is no difference
Honored Contributor
nn6o
Message 3 of 3 (376 Views)

Re: Docking Station Differences?

From discussions with a few HP reps, the docks themselves are the same, but are destined for different markets (commercial, retail, various countries/territories, etc). There really shouldn't be a different in price, but check carefully...it's possible that the extra $$$ might be for a longer warranty - I know that the "AA" suffix products are usually targeted at large businesses (in the U.S.) and they might come with a 3-year warranty to match an "enterprise" laptop's 3/3/x warranty.

Just my 2 cents...

- nn6o

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.