Docking Station Audio-In Not Working (1300 Views)
Occasional Visitor
PS O
Message 1 of 4 (1,300 Views)

Docking Station Audio-In Not Working

I cannot get the HP Docking Station Audio-in to work with my Compaq 6510b notebook (WinXP Pro) using a current SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio driver. I have connected a number of headsets to the HP Docking Station's audio in/out. I can hear sound fine. However, the 6510b's built-in mic captures sound - the better quality headset microphone will not work unless I plug directly into the notebook. I have tried changing the "Sound and Audio Devices Properties" with no luck. Is this a known issue? Is their a solution?
Honored Contributor
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (1,300 Views)

Re: Docking Station Audio-In Not Working

Hi,

I don't have a docking station with me, my question: is it a LINE-IN or AUDIO-IN ?

BH
BH
====
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Occasional Visitor
PS O
Message 3 of 4 (1,300 Views)

The Manual describes the jack as
Audio-in (microphone) jack - Connects home audio equipment such as CD and MP3 players.
Honored Contributor
banhien
Message 4 of 4 (1,300 Views)

Hi,

1. Have you tried it with a cable from other device such as a MP3 player, and what is the result ?

2. If 1 was ok then what is your microphone, is it a stereo one? If NOT stereo microphone I think could be the jack and wiring inside the docking station. Please check more from this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRS_connector

You may need an adapter for this.

BH
BH
====
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.