Difference between Docking station with different Suffix ? (232 Views)
Advisor
J. Wollweber
Message 1 of 3 (232 Views)

Difference between Docking station with different Suffix ?

Presently I am looking for a Docking Station for my HP6910 (German with XP-pro).
The differences in the Notebooks suffixes properbly designate the corresponding AC-cord/-plug , the countr version of the keyboard, OS and region specification.

For HP-Docking Stations I can't imagine what could be different, except the plug on the AC cable.
I copied the specs from the HP site and found the features to be identical, despite different suffixes and prices. Why there are there in the same country so many different versions/suffixes on sale which according to specs differ only in their price.
in Germany e.g.
EN488xx or EN489xx may have the following suffixes
EN488ET#ABB-BHP
EN488AA#ABB-BHP
EN488AA#ABB
EN488ET#ABB

Can anyone explain the (price)differences to me? Since in the US also refurbished HP-Docking Stations seem to available I could live with a US version if nector that is different.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
banhien
Message 2 of 3 (232 Views)

Re: Difference between Docking station with different Suffix ?

Hi J,

Some vendors try to re-use or to make their products very common/universal. I'm not saying "One size fit all" approach but this will reduce cost and easy for customers when moving from one generation of a product to another.

This is not the case with HP, even worse after acquiring Compaq. HP does not have universal type products, this may due to requests from its dealers. But on a same country, as you mentioned above, HP does have many products which perform a same piece work (or a bit more, a bit less). I think HP is trying to confuse you and me.

Sorry, I did not answer your question.

Regards,
BH
BH
====
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Martin Mueller
Message 3 of 3 (232 Views)

Re: Difference between Docking station with different Suffix ?

You are correct that only difference for the various docking stations is the AC adapter and the power cord that is included. There are a number of different power cords as well as counties that need PFC vs. non-PFC adapters, so there are some legal requirements as to what can be shipped where. Otherwise, the physical dock is the same.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation