Default Bios Administrator Password Help (15959 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Ken Spong
Message 1 of 10 (15,959 Views)
Accepted Solution

Default Bios Administrator Password Help

New ProBook 4710s, having problems with network access, and when I went to Bios Config - Security I have a need for a Bios Administrator password. My windows logon password does not work - is there a default password???
Respected Contributor
Pekkap
Message 2 of 10 (15,959 Views)

Re: Default Bios Administrator Password Help

Occasional Contributor
Ken Spong
Message 3 of 10 (15,959 Views)

Hi Pekkap, I still am swimming in deep water.
Pressing F10 does nothing, nil happens. Maybe I missed a point somewhere. Do appreciate your reply, and hope you (or some other kind person) can get me out of the water!
The machine has been configured by HP with Vista Business loaded, and I am deeply fearful that HP have put an admin password in when setting the system up.
I do need to get access to the rest of my home network, so will look forward to getting this part of the puzzle clarified.
Advisor
euro coco
Message 4 of 10 (15,959 Views)

I'm not sure that Hp will set any pssw what so ever.if your the PC admin boot into windows then go to HP protect tools for administrators..from there browse to Security/Admin tools .. i believe you can reset the PSs from there
good luck
Occasional Contributor
Ken Spong
Message 5 of 10 (15,959 Views)

Hi ecco, going to security/ I get the Bios Administrator Password window, which is where all the problems are. Seems I will need to reset the password back to null, so will need to get permission from HP to open the laptop and remove the CMOS battery.

Thanks everyone for your considered assistance.
Regards
Ken
Honored Contributor
Clinton Tam
Message 6 of 10 (15,959 Views)

Most the HP Notebooks come in with a factory image ( compressed and unpacked ) and you need to do a lot of customization before it can boot to Window desktop ( assuming it comes with pre-installed Window XP or Vista OS ).

During the very first time when you boot the system up, it requires you to configure all the perference for region, language, time zone, boot up option for password, user account set up and etc.

Your BIOS password could be set up by your PC reseller to save you the time or your company IT department.

Ask the following questions;

1. Who did the unpacking?
2. What is the BIOS password for the Admin account?
Occasional Contributor
Ken Spong
Message 7 of 10 (15,959 Views)

Thanks Clinton, will follow this one to the retailer.
Frequent Visitor
jason9922
Message 8 of 10 (14,884 Views)

What is the seller doesn't know the password? Then what?

Frequent Visitor
jason9922
Message 9 of 10 (14,845 Views)

What if you can't get that information? The person I bought the laptop from passed away 3 days after I got it from him and now there is no way to get the master bios password. Theres no way that this nice laptop that I have the box and manual for is just junk now because theres no way to get into the bios. OMG what have I done.....................

Occasional Visitor
Dzimili
Message 10 of 10 (7,675 Views)

I want to repair boot file for Windows 8 on HP ProBook 4540s, but we cannot remember password combinations. Please help.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.