Re: Compaq NX9020 battery problem (129 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Toto Sanderson
Message 1 of 3 (129 Views)

Compaq NX9020 battery problem

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have recently purchased a battery from HP store to replace the old one. Got it yesterday and it seemed to work fine. However, since this morning, there is problem with it:

1- Laptop works fine with AC adaptor alone or battery alone, when battery metre reading on the laptop is about 85%

2- LED lights blinks while both AC adaptor and battery are in the laptop

3- Switch on the laptop with both, after about 2 mins, the critical alert came up with 0% in the battery metre

4- I took out the battery immediately and test on the side, the LED lights on the battery shows 100% full

5- Then I restarted the laptop with only battery, it worked fine again, with about 85% left, but gradually dropping to 84%, 83% etc...

So my question is: is it a faulty battery (although newly bought from HP store)?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE. - Hp forum moderator

Honored Contributor
Ronald Postma
Message 2 of 3 (129 Views)

Re: Compaq NX9020 battery problem

Hi toto,
what were the problemswith your old battery? if the symptons of both batteries are the same I guess your laptop itself causes the problem. Otherwise a faulty battery can be the case, but you never know except testing it on another system, or use another battery to test your system.

have a nice day,
HTH, Ronald
The logic of Microsoft: "Press START to shut down the pc"
Occasional Visitor
Toto Sanderson
Message 3 of 3 (129 Views)

Re: Compaq NX9020 battery problem

Thanks for your reply!

The previous battery was faulty because the laptop wouldn't boot up on it, although the battery test button shows 100% full.

Do you still think it might be problems with the laptop?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.