Re: Chromebook (95 Views)
Occasional Visitor
gaspard618
Message 1 of 2 (123 Views)

Chromebook

[ Edited ]

Hello, 

I have recently purchased a chromebook and need some help setting a few things up.

I would like to download itunes, skype however they were unable to download.

I know chromebooks don't have an operating system therefore I can use google docs to make and edit documents.

I have always been an apple user but I swtiched over to HP because I am fairly familiar with the brand since I use at work.

I am regreting my chromebook purchase because I didn't think I would need to use different applications in the chrome store. Please help!

P.S. This thread has been moved from Mobile Apps Development - December 2013 to Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE. -HP Forum Moderator

HP Pro
Bruce_T
Message 2 of 2 (95 Views)

Re: Chromebook

Hello gaspard618...

I'm sorry that you have some usability concerns with your new Chromebook.

As you know, Chromebooks are designed to function within Google's architecture - and applications like iTunes and Skype are not available.  Fortunately, Google understands these concerns and has provided some alternatives:

The environment is definitely different, but is worthwhile... stable, secure, and a lot for your money!  And as it grows in popularity, application support will probably increase.

I hope this helps.  Good luck!

DISCLAIMER: I am an HP employee, but I am not a spokesperson for HP.

• If you found this information helpful, please take a moment to click on "Accept as Solution".
  • If you'd like to say thanks, please click on the Kudos star!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.