CAPTURING SCREENSHOT (25276 Views)
Occasional Visitor
STONEY
Message 1 of 5 (25,276 Views)

CAPTURING SCREENSHOT

I have tried to capture a screen message by using ALT+PRT SC (or CTRL+PRT SC) but cannot get this to work.  I have tried so many times, without success.  Any ideas please

Honored Contributor
Clinton Tam
Message 2 of 5 (25,275 Views)

Re: CAPTURING SCREENSHOT

[ Edited ]

Use "FN"+" Prt Sc".

"Prt Sc" is a special key to Print Screen which is usually located at the top right hand side of your keyboard.

This will capture the screen image temporary. You need to open up the MS program "Paint" and use Edit to Paste the screen shot into Paint so that you can keep a record.

Occasional Visitor
STONEY
Message 3 of 5 (25,248 Views)

I follow the instructions exactly, but, in Paint, 'paste' is greyed out and I cannot use CTRL+V either!

Occasional Advisor
Paul_o
Message 4 of 5 (25,240 Views)

Have you tried gadwin printscreen? Freeware.
Honored Contributor
Clinton Tam
Message 5 of 5 (25,234 Views)

[ Edited ]

FN + Prc Sc should work in Window OS system.

I assumed that you hit both FN and Prc Sc together.

Questions:

1. Are you trying to capture an image of a movie or Video?

2. Can you try to just use FN + Prt Sc to capture a text document to see if you can Paste into Paint?

FN+Prt Sc will capture the image inside your display Frame Buffer ( that is why I want to see if it work in question 2 above ). Most the PC ( desktop or Notebook ) now uses following method to display image on you desktop.

Most the text information will be stored inside the Frame Buffer for the display controller to project the text image onto the desktop.

However, if the image has any Video/Movie image, then all the information will be sent to a Hardware Accelerator to speed up the rendering of the Video/Movie content. Unfortunately, due to the Video/Movie content is not stored inside the Frame Buffer, you will not able to capture the Video/Movie image using FN+Prt Sc.

You can try to disable the Hardware Acceleration of your display rendering operation ( it will make it very slow to see Video/Movie ) but in most cases it could allow you to capture the Video/Movie image by FN+Prt Sc. It is because all the Text and Video/Movie images now will have to be stored in the Frame Buffer before projected onto your desktop.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.