Re: Bluetooth pairing issue (865 Views)
Occasional Visitor
KIAH
Message 1 of 4 (865 Views)

Bluetooth pairing issue

Hi,
I have an issue with my bluetooth pairing process on my laptop compaq 610, I have entered incorrect passkey into my phone by mistake that shown on my laptop, and now everytime i try to connect my bluetooth from my laptop to my phone its says "pairing failed, an error occured during the pairing process"
I need to remove or to unpair the previous passkey on my laptop and get a new one, I tried and I followed all the process to reset the old passkey but no avail,
please anybody helps?
thanks in advance
Khalil Horoub
---------------------------------------------
PS. This thread has been moved to Compaq, Armada category
Honored Contributor
John Kirk
Message 2 of 4 (865 Views)

Re: Bluetooth pairing issue

Khalil

The proper forum for Compaq laptops is:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/categoryhome.do?categoryId=274

It would seem to me that if you entered the incorrect passkey into your phone then you need to correct the passkey in your phone and not on your laptop.

Hope this helps.

John K.
Honored Contributor
banhien
Message 3 of 4 (865 Views)

Hi,

I think you can remove it under Control Panel and then "discover' it again

BH
BH
====
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honored Contributor
Pieter 't Hart
Message 4 of 4 (865 Views)

you remove your phone from your laptop's BT-devices, and also need to remove your laptop from the configured BT-devices on your phone!

when adding a new device to your laptop, the password you enter is a new created password (not a password allready existing on the phone), you accept the connection on the phone with this same password.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.