Re: Bios-Update on HP 650 without Win7/8 resp. with Win XP (32bit) (475 Views)
Occasional Visitor
anamx5
Message 1 of 2 (501 Views)

Bios-Update on HP 650 without Win7/8 resp. with Win XP (32bit)

Hi there,

is there any possibility to update the BIOS an a HP 650 without Win 7/8 resp. under Win XP (32bit)?

Background:

My new HP 650 laptop (July 2013) came still with BIOS-version F.34 from december 2012.

And all the fixed problems (only 929MB of RAM fixed with BIOS F.36 and not adjustable brightness fixed with BIOS F.37) also occur on my system with Win XP 32 bit.

Even most of the Win 7 32bit drivers work with my XP, the BIOS-tool doesn't.

It ends up with a hard reset.

Any idea?

Kind regards, Thomas

HP Pro
soccer_dan
Message 2 of 2 (475 Views)

Re: Bios-Update on HP 650 without Win7/8 resp. with Win XP (32bit)

I would certainly try it. download the bios from the windows 7 x86 list and extract to a folder. i use 7zip for that. then, just run the executable. it will tell you if there are problems running. the only other choice (without installing windows 7 or 8) is to perhaps try it with WinPE, if you know how to create a bootable media key with the Microsoft ADK (windows 8 based). then copy the bios folder to the drive or another drive and run from there after booting into winpe. can't tell if all libraries are included in winpe to support flashing the bios but would be good to try

I work for HP
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.