Bios Setup Password, reset or Remove? (1045 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Filip Walldén
Message 1 of 6 (1,045 Views)

Bios Setup Password, reset or Remove?

Hello!

I have to change stuff in the bios but it's protected by a password. I do not have any books or something that I got with the computer any more. Is it possible to reset or remove the password? Prefferly without opening the computer.

Respected Contributor
James Chase
Message 2 of 6 (1,045 Views)

Re: Bios Setup Password, reset or Remove?

The short answer is no. On some older models you can remove the RTC battery and wait for a day and the password is gone. On most newer models, this will not work. You can contact HP support and they can help you for a small fee and proof of ownership. Or, you can get a new motherboard off of ebay and replace it.
Occasional Visitor
Filip Walldén
Message 3 of 6 (1,045 Views)

Gah .. it's always about money

I have a compaq 6510b , would it work on this one you think?
Occasional Visitor
Luke Rosati
Message 4 of 6 (1,045 Views)

I've got a 6910p with the same problem. I've unplugged the CMOS battery and it still holds the password. Sounds like you'll have to get HP involved.
Occasional Visitor
sandra kecalovic
Message 5 of 6 (1,045 Views)

Uff..

Is there a way to "see" the administrator password by opening a laptop ?? I have a hp compaq nx6125 and I have all the books that came with it but I don't see the password in there..
The computer is quite old, I now have it about 4 and a half years.
I hope I get a feedback because I don't want to open it to discover there is no password :( and that removing the bios battery messes with the time/date..

I really hope for some help..
Sandra
Occasional Visitor
amar azirou
Message 6 of 6 (1,045 Views)

yes there always way to reprograme the bios password protect the only way is to have a programmer and unlock bios that you can find in internet after
you can reprograme your bios or tpm that all folks
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.