Base system device driver. (1565 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Florence Aboi
Message 1 of 5 (1,565 Views)

Base system device driver.

Please where and how can i get a base system device driver to download? It is not listed as one the available drivers for download and i need it. I use a compaq nc8000 laptop. Thank you in anticipation of a favourable reply.
Honored Contributor
Steve Huffer
Message 2 of 5 (1,565 Views)

Re: Base system device driver.

Florence you do not tell us what version of Windows, so I will assume XP. The "base system device" is probably the card reader, O2 Micro. Those drivers are down at the bottom of this list:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=364184&p...

Be sure and load all the needed drivers. The HP/Compaq Business Series has a lot of security and system drivers that are needed for proper operation and stability and you need the Intel chipset driver for sure.
"When you hear hoofbeats think horses, not zebras"
Occasional Contributor
Florence Aboi
Message 3 of 5 (1,565 Views)

Hello,
Thank you very much. I did as you said and it worked! Keep up the good work.
Occasional Visitor
aman Khan
Message 4 of 5 (1,565 Views)

plz notify me
Occasional Visitor
KHAIRUDIN ANWAR
Message 5 of 5 (1,565 Views)

Hai All...
need your help...I also having the sema problem "Base system device driver) but I'm using Proliant ML 370 and window 2003.

How to solve this issue?

Thanks
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.