Re: BIOS locked! (2073 Views)
Visitor
Virussjekk
Message 1 of 5 (2,222 Views)

BIOS locked!

Greetings all,

Anyone have any clue on how to reset the BIOS to default on a HP ProBook 4330s?

I've tried removing the CMOS battery, I've even taken the laptop appart, searched the web and now I am stuck.

Reason that I need to remove the BIOS password is because a client of mine wanted to reinstall the windows on it. But something went wrong somewhere and the machine only tells us that the machine no longer has a OS.

Since the laptop does not have a CD/DVD - ROM I tried connecting a external CD/DVD - ROM and/or a USB Pen with windows but it refuses to start it up even though the machine cannot detect and OS. And each time I try to run though the Menus only thing I can do is get System Info, test the memory and harddrive.

Any help?

Regular Advisor
Cmp_Cmndo
Message 2 of 5 (2,193 Views)

Re: BIOS locked!

http://breakstuffmajorly.blogspot.com/2012/04/remove-bios-password-on-probook-6560b.html

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ProBook 4530s-XU015UT#ABA, Intel Core i3-2310M, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, WDC WD3200BEKT-60PVMT0 (7200rpm), Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Visitor
Virussjekk
Message 3 of 5 (2,186 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello and thanks for the replay.

But that will only wok for a HP ProBook 6560b and will not work what so ever for a 4330s. I am still googling though but its hard. Allso the USB device is disabled from reading at startup.

Now allso each time I've tried to remove the CMOS battery, waited everything from 1 min to 30 min or more before putting it back, when I then start the computer, the BIOS tells me that something has changed to the CMOS and then tells me it will now reset itself to factory defaults. But the password is still there. 

So how can a factory default still contain a password?

Isn't there a way to remove a chip or shorten something on the motherboard to just remove the password?

Regular Advisor
Cmp_Cmndo
Message 4 of 5 (2,119 Views)

Password is not stored in BIOS anymore, as it was done in the past.  Password is stored in TPM chip, this information was contained in the link I provided.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Platform_Module

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ProBook 4530s-XU015UT#ABA, Intel Core i3-2310M, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, WDC WD3200BEKT-60PVMT0 (7200rpm), Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Visitor
Virussjekk
Message 5 of 5 (2,073 Views)

Hey again Cmp_Cmndo,

So after what I've read though here and done some search ont he web, I can technially just remove the TPM chip from the mother board and I should then be able to make it work.

I will let you guys know how it turns out :D

Thanks for all help.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.