Armada M700 has blinking power and battery lights and won't turn on (514 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Marc Monzon
Message 1 of 7 (514 Views)

Armada M700 has blinking power and battery lights and won't turn on

I have a Compaq Armada M700 from about 9-10 years ago. Like another poster mentioned on his thread, it won't power on. When I press the blue power button, the power and the battery lights just flash green and yellow/orange respectively. The screen is dark.

This is after ordering a new power cord as it initially did not power on at all a few weeks ago. I had followed another set of suggestions by Rainald on another member's post to no avail.

I unplugged the power cord, took out the battery, tried turning it on without the battery. I also did all these after unplugging the RTC battery for 30 minutes.

I then tried all this plus taking out plus taking out the RAM, the drives, and letting it sit for 72 hours to allow for dissipating static electricity. Still didn't work.

My laptop battery doesn't hold a charge and so if the cord is unplugged, it won't turn on. Should I buy a new battery and new RTC battery? Or is it something else?

These two would cost under $100 bucks, but maybe I should just buy a new laptop? I'd rather not as I still have data on this dead laptop, and secondly, I don't need anything fancy and this has been serving my needs for almost 10 years.

Thanks in advance!
Respected Contributor
James Chase
Message 2 of 7 (514 Views)

Re: Armada M700 has blinking power and battery lights and won't turn on

Marc,
Isn't there a second button on this model for hibernation, or whatever?

Try putting it back together and push that button. I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall a similar problem, but I don't remember if it is this model.

Or is there a slider button on the side?
I know that something got mine to boot in this condition. It was something other than the main power button.
Occasional Advisor
Marc Monzon
Message 3 of 7 (514 Views)

Hi James,

Yes, it has the slider button. And no it doesn't work. Lights just blink on and off.
Occasional Visitor
Carlos Suero
Message 4 of 7 (514 Views)

Well I have the same problem with my Laptop so i just found the flex cable from the led board broke. It can be the problem of the power and the battery lights just flash green and yellow/orange. Well now im trying to buy the flex cable but I can't find it on the internet.
Occasional Advisor
Marc Monzon
Message 5 of 7 (514 Views)

Carlos,

Does your screen turn on? Mine won't do that. It stays dark. If you have the same issue, please do let me know if the flex cable fixes the situation.

Thanks.
Occasional Visitor
Carlos Suero
Message 6 of 7 (514 Views)

The Screen is dark like off. We are having the same problem,so now my problem is getting the Flex Cable but dont worry I will let you know if I fix the situation.
Occasional Advisor
Marc Monzon
Message 7 of 7 (514 Views)

Carlos - I saw one on eBay but don't know if that's the one you're looking for. Good luck and I look forward to your response.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.