Armada M700 2 lights blinking (217 Views)
Occasional Visitor
frosted
Message 1 of 10 (217 Views)

Armada M700 2 lights blinking

Hi,

I've read many post here but I haven't found one similar to my problem yet.

The laptop is not booting anymore. When I plug in the AC adapter, the 2 lights on the laptop (battery AND the "O" with a "|" on top of it) starts blinking. They never stop blinking.

I tried the FN + F11 key without success.

I removed the BIOS battery (maybe 15mins) like mentionned in the other threads but without success. I'll try to let the battery removed longer.

I also see a very light light from the HD LED.

It suddenly happened today. I tried to boot the laptop this morning and it wouldn't boot. So I thought my battery was dead so I plugged the laptop with the AC adapter and I went to play golf during the day. I tried to boot up the laptop at the begining of the evening, without success. *BUT* the laptop was *REALLY* hot. I'm afraid something might have burned in the laptop. I've removed the keyboard and everything seems to be fine. I'll probably remove everything to see if all the internals are OK, I just don't have time now to do it.

Anyone knows what could be the problem?

Thank you for your time.
Honored Contributor
Vincent Perry
Message 2 of 10 (217 Views)

Re: Armada M700 2 lights blinking

frosted, it sounds like the voltage converter board has gone bad. You can check the maintenance and service guide for the correct part number (there are three different ones depending on the CPU speed). The MSG can be found here:
http://h200002.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/UCR/SupportManual/TPM_125403-007/TPM_125403-007.pdf
Look at page 3-5, item 11.

Vince
Occasional Visitor
frosted
Message 3 of 10 (217 Views)

Thanks Vincent.

I'm out of luck, they only have one for 800-1000mhz to sell on ebay (215375-001). I would really prefer to play 25 CND instead of 110 USD.

I've got the 700mhz version. I assume if they have different SKUs, it would not fit on my laptop, right? Or I can get this one and put it in?

Thank you again.
Honored Contributor
Vincent Perry
Message 4 of 10 (217 Views)

frosted, it would probably fit but, since the wiring is slightly different you might burn up your whole motherboard.
I finally said heck with it and bought a 1GHz motherboard to put in mine.

Vince
Occasional Visitor
frosted
Message 5 of 10 (217 Views)

Well, I bought a new Voltage converter board, but no success. I still get the 2 lights blinking.

I really think it's related to the fact that the laptop was really hot when I tried to boot it up.

Any other suggestions? :(
Honored Contributor
grayson
Message 6 of 10 (217 Views)

well how about this .
a/c and battery out
all drives out
extension memory out
RT battery out

go and play golf for a couple of days

insert HD and RT battery
boot a/c only
any sign of life ?

this isn't in a docking station , is it ?

grayson
Occasional Visitor
frosted
Message 7 of 10 (217 Views)

No it isn't a docking station.

I tried it, same symptom. I've got the 2 lights blinking continually, the Hard drive light is working.

When I press the right side "sliding switch" AND pressing the left side blue power button, the HD light turns off, but when I release the buttons it comes up again with a really weak "click" sound.

Now it's getting warm under the laptop where the the WSED key are because it's connected to the AC.

Anyone encountered this problem? I'm thinking the laptop might be dead. Damn, the warranty has just expired, poor me!

Only because I left it on the AC one evening... come back and noticed the laptop was REALLLLLLLY hot.
Honored Contributor
Simon Poulton
Message 8 of 10 (217 Views)

Hmm
If you've overheated it then it's probably melted one or more of the important components on the motherboard

Best thing to do would be to see if you can get HP to repair it for you free of charge say you didn't use it for the first couple of months or something
Occasional Visitor
frosted
Message 9 of 10 (217 Views)

Well I bought a new motherboard (well the whole casing without ram HD monitor etc) so I hope it will fix the problem. I'll post back when I'll get the piece and have fixed it. Thanks for the suggestions!
Honored Contributor
Rainald T
Message 10 of 10 (217 Views)

Godd luck, frosted!
Pls keep us posted.

Rainald
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.