8470p bios f.46 not updating vbios (378 Views)
Advisor
12thetechguy
Message 1 of 7 (378 Views)

8470p bios f.46 not updating vbios

Hi all,

I have an 8470p with the Radeon HD 7570m graphics card. Bios update f.46 came out recently and I updated to it with no problems. However, the vbios is not being updated-- it shows as still being the old version dated 6/22/12. I tried reflashing the bios 3 times and clearing the CMOS- no luck. Any ideas?

Also, is there any news about switchable graphics for this model? The documentation says that this model has switchable graphics, but it's obviously not enabled.

Thanks,

Alex

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Toffy
Message 2 of 7 (365 Views)

Re: 8470p bios f.46 not updating vbios

[ Edited ]

12thetechguy

If you had the current vbios version for Intel HD, made the update no vbios update

F46 Fixed

"Fixes an issue where the Intel Graphics control panel does not display the correct version of the VBIOS."

F10 BIOS  check  the box forSwitchable graphics

switch.png

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
12thetechguy
Message 3 of 7 (354 Views)

I have an 8470p, not an 8570p, and the option for switchable graphics isn't there. In fact, the whole menu looks different.

The release notes for f.46 said that they would update models with a discrete graphics card to vbios 13.12.0.45.

My system has never had a switchable graphics option...

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Toffy
Message 4 of 7 (338 Views)

HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Switchable Graphics or Dual GPUs

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?spf_p.tpst=kbDocDispl...

BIOS

Version:F.46 (17 Jan 2014)   Fixes   - Fixes an issue where the System Diagnostics reports the same battery information for both the travel battery and the primary battery.
- Fixes an intermittent issue where the system incorrectly displays a fan error while the system is powering on.
- Fixes an issue where the Intel Graphics control panel does not display the correct version of the VBIOS.
- Fixes an issue where certain brands of USB drives cannot be used to create a USB key to perform a system a crisis recovery.   Enhancements 

- Provides support for the Elpida VRAM module.
- Updates the VBIOS to version 13.12.0.45 for discrete video graphics systems.
- Updates the AMD GOP driver to version 1_53.
- Provides support to display the network MAC address and the hard drive information in the BIOS F10 setup.

VBIOS for INTEL HD

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
12thetechguy
Message 5 of 7 (336 Views)

Toffy wrote:

- Updates the VBIOS to version 13.12.0.45 for discrete video graphics systems.

If I'm understanding this correctly this is not for the Intel HD vbios, this is for the AMD graphics chipset.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
12thetechguy
Message 6 of 7 (323 Views)

My system hasn't allowed me to use switchable graphics ever, and it came with the f.44 bios as stock. I had no idea it was implemented, because my bios does not show the option to enable it. Is it possible there are hidden settings I haven't found in the bios?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
12thetechguy
Message 7 of 7 (314 Views)

Bump. Could there be something wrong with my motherboard?

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation