6710b wireless stoped working (60 Views)
Occasional Visitor
BrG_1
Message 1 of 1 (60 Views)

6710b wireless stoped working

Hi,

I need assistance since my wireless recently stoped working.

HP 6710b
Broadcom 802.11g Wireless Adapter
Windows XP Professional SP3

Two weeks ago, after computer restart, wireless and LAN card stoped working. LAN would not detect cable when connected, wireless was deactivated and nothing could activate it (in BIOS all was activated, Wireless Assistant couldn't activate it, wireless button would not lite up (unless BT was active) and could not activate it). After updating BIOS, drivers and firmware, finaly got NIC to work.

Wireless now shows as installed and activated. When wireless button pressed, wireless assistant aknowledges enable/disable, but LED would not light up in any case. When wireless network connection screen is on, no problems reported, but wireless network cannot be found (after some 4 seconds of searching).

Very annoying, as I searched across the net for solution and found nothing, all drivers up to date (if 2008 and January 2009 - which are the latest drivers available - can be called up to date). HP update shows no new drivers available, too. Wireless works under Linux.

Any help is much appreciated.

Best regards,
Branko
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.