4310s battery not charging after replacement system boards and batteries (382 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Oliver Castleman
Message 1 of 3 (382 Views)

4310s battery not charging after replacement system boards and batteries

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I'm having a problem with this 4310s notebook. It's not charging its battery, nor any other batteries.

Note that it's not charging when it's powered down and the lid is closed.

Here is a list of what has been attempted to fix this:

- battery replaced with a new battery
- battery replaced with other, known working batteries
- system board replaced
- system board replaced a second time, under the assumption that perhaps the original battery was damaging the system board and preventing it from charging
- cable kit replaced

Throughout this whole ordeal, the machine powers on and works normally when it is plugged in to an adapter.

When the power cable is plugged in, the charge light briefly comes on for a few seconds then turns off, suggesting no charging is occuring.

I'm at my wit's end and any help would be great.

Thanks.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE. -HP Forum Moderator

HP Pro
Suman_1978
Message 2 of 3 (382 Views)

Re: 4310s battery not charging after replacement system boards and batteries

Hi,

What about BIOS update? Have you updated the BIOS on this Notebook after system board replacement ?

If not, here is the link to update BIOS
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

Version: F.0C has some fixes for battery charging issue.

Thanks
Occasional Visitor
Oliver Castleman
Message 3 of 3 (382 Views)

Re: 4310s battery not charging after replacement system boards and batteries

Yes, it has F.0C on it already.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.