2510p - won't boot, thinks a BIOS update hasn't completed (2456 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Dale McAtee
Message 1 of 4 (2,456 Views)

2510p - won't boot, thinks a BIOS update hasn't completed

I sent my 2510p in a few months ago for repair. Then - it wouldn't resume from sleep mode (Vista 32 bit). It wouldn't power up from a hard power off. After removing the battery for a while, I was able to get it to attempt to start up, but then it indicated that that a BIOS update hadn't completed, and to start it up again. (I hadn't done a BIOS update). I sent the unit in for repair - it came back fixed. The only thing reported to have been done to it was to have the HDD cable replaced. This weekend, it did the same thing over again - it is now unusable. Is there some sort of BIOS recovery CD or something that could be used to resolve this?
Honored Contributor
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (2,456 Views)

Re: 2510p - won't boot, thinks a BIOS update hasn't completed

Hi,

Try this (see attached file)

Hope this helps

BH
BH
====
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Occasional Visitor
Dale McAtee
Message 3 of 4 (2,456 Views)

Kwang,

Thank you for the document - it seems to work properly - my system went through the BIOS update process using the latest .BIN file. It still hung at the end, during the POST process, however. Seeing as how HP had changed the HDD cable out before, I disconnected the HDD, and it would then allow it to go into BIOS. I inspected the ribbon cable connected to the HDD - it appeared to be slightly "cocked" - I reseated it and reinserted the HDD - it appears to be working OK (for now). Misleading error message, for sure. Thank you for your help.
Visitor
Hagbard
Message 4 of 4 (2,270 Views)

Hi,

Have the same problem, and tried to use a iomega floppy, but it don't start read the floppy.

Must I have a original HP floppy?

I have tried to disconnect the HDD, unplug the battery for 24h, but without success.

I run Ubuntu on the computer, but I don't think this could create the issue, since it doesn't boot up the bios, with or without the HDD connected.

BR

Magnus

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.