n800c setup cds (152 Views)
Occasional Advisor
tom tuna
Message 1 of 10 (152 Views)
Accepted Solution

n800c setup cds

Would anyone be willing to copy their 2 setup disks for me. I have the compaq evo n800c notebook. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
P Henderson
Message 2 of 10 (152 Views)

Re: n800c setup cds

Hi,

Just email HP and they'll send you out replacement disks for free. Just did it for my Evo n400c. Disks came in 3 days and worked perfectly.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
tom tuna
Message 3 of 10 (152 Views)

Thanks - I will try them. I have been unable to get rid of the network card error even with latest drivers etc. I bought it used and need this feature badly for transferring files.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
P Henderson
Message 4 of 10 (152 Views)

Yeah. Best to start from scratch to sort out probs like that. Let us know how it goes.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
P Henderson
Message 5 of 10 (152 Views)

did you get things sorted?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
tom tuna
Message 6 of 10 (152 Views)

Thanks for asking but no.
I called HP and they no longer provide support or setup cds for this model. I don't have a problem at present but I wanted to have them in case. I did make an image of the original basic system before I changed anything so I will hang on to that. I know there are some 3rd party vendors for the recovery cds but maybe someone will be willing to burn me a set for safe keeping. I am here in Canada so I'm sure there are Canadians out there. Thank you again for you help and concern.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
tom tuna
Message 7 of 10 (152 Views)

Paul , perhaps you could send me the email addrress that you sent to for your cds? I will try that route.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
P Henderson
Message 8 of 10 (152 Views)

I submitted a case in the support manager section. I'm not sure if the CD's are model specific so I'm not sure why they can't give you new CD's. They gave me "support" for n400c so I would dispute their support for the n800c.

Go into your regional home page (Canada). Then click support and drivers. Log-in then click "Submit a support case" in the left hand column. Have your product number and serial number to hand and explain your dilemma. Do you have a product key on the bottom of the machine?

Hope all this helps. Did you get the network card working?

Paul
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
tom tuna
Message 9 of 10 (152 Views)

Yes I have a product key. I'll try again thanks
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
tom tuna
Message 10 of 10 (152 Views)

I think I tried this avenue already and it was a dead end because they said it is out of warranty, but I will try again.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation