Re: Standby when closing lid on Compaq 8510p Notebook (31 Views)
Occasional Visitor
fritz0557
Message 1 of 5 (31 Views)

Standby when closing lid on Compaq 8510p Notebook

[ Edited ]

I am a desktop support supervisor. I have a customer that uses a Compaq 8510p notebook w/ a docking station. When it is attached to the station w/ a flat panel monitor, it is usually with the lid closed. When she opens the lid it will display on the monitor and on the notebook monitor. When she closes the lid, it will go into standby. She does not want this to happen. The power settings in control panel were set correctly (do nothing when closing lid)w/ admin privledges and I even updated the video drivers. Whatever I do, it goes to standby. I am out of answers. Can anyone help?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE. - Hp Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Pieter 't Hart
Message 2 of 5 (31 Views)

Re: Standby when closing lid on Compaq 8510p Notebook

isn't there a separate setting "when docked" ?
like there is on mains vs. on battery?

Pieter
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
fritz0557
Message 3 of 5 (31 Views)

No, there isn't a setting just for docking stations.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Adam Pietraszak
Message 4 of 5 (31 Views)

Have you tried setting the power settings being logged in as this particular user? Power settings seem to be separate for every user's profile.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
fritz0557
Message 5 of 5 (31 Views)

I know the power settings are profile specific. She does not have administrative permissions so if she does change the power settings, they will not stay as they are. I have given her temporary local admin privledges and they set the power settings as I mentioned in my original question. It will go to standby no matter what it is set as.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation