Probook 4530s - Fan always on... (757 Views)
Visitor
lookeyhere1
Message 1 of 4 (757 Views)
Accepted Solution

Probook 4530s - Fan always on...

Hi there

My Probook 4530s fan is always on 105%. (plugged in or on battery power).

I've read a lot of the message boards and there are unofficial fixes (HP Fan Control, TPFC, etc).  But none of them work for me.  I've also had the fan replaced with a new one from HP parts store.  

I've set the BIOS correctly (Fan not automatically on with AC Power)
Fan always runs at 105% no matter the temp

Starts at 105% as soon as I turn it on

What do I do? Is this a known problem with my motherboard?  Is there a way to fix it without replacing the board?

thanks again for your time and attention!

Peter

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
jenmparrott
Message 2 of 4 (754 Views)

Re: Probook 4530s - Fan always on...

I know that you have set the correct setting in BIOS but have you tried doing the Reset Defaults in the Bios?  This may fix the issue.  Otherwise you are correct it is with the motherboard and if all HP's troubleshooting has not worked then it would require a systemboard replacement.

I work for HP.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks
Please use plain text.
Visitor
lookeyhere1
Message 3 of 4 (745 Views)

Thanks for the advice and insight!
I just reset the defaults in the bios and unfortunately it didn't work.
I have the latest bios F28.
I also rebooted again and unchecked the Fan always on with AC
I guess the motherboard is the problem then... unless there are other suggestions.

Great forum!
Please use plain text.
HP Pro
jenmparrott
Message 4 of 4 (741 Views)

With all the troubleshooting you have done at this point it does point to a problem with the harware, specifically the systemboard.

Jennifer P.

I work for HP.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation