ProBook 4530s/Atheros AR9285 "Power is disabled" (148 Views)
Collector
Accra_Bob
Message 1 of 1 (148 Views)

ProBook 4530s/Atheros AR9285 "Power is disabled"

I've got a ProBook 4530s running Win7 Pro 64 bit. Recently I did an update using SoftPaq, and it caused my WiFi to stop working. I tried installing older drivers for the WLAN, but it didn't help.

Win7 Troubleshooting reports "There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter. Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter." It does detect the Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n, Driver v 10.0.0.222 currently in place.

In Device Manager, there's no warning symbol on its line, and in properties it says the device is working properly.

I've run (at start-up) the HP Advanced System Diagnostics (v 3.7.0.0) and from the Start-Up Test, it reports the WLAN Module Check is passed.

In HP Connection Manager, the Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) status shows as Not Ready. The power button icon is grayed, and hovering over it gives the message "Power is disabled".

The wireless button is lit, and it seems to function OK, because bluetooth goes off when I hit that button to disable wireless.

I've set power options to not allow the laptop to power down the module.

Any clues, anyone? I've run out of ideas and it's driving me nuts.

Bob

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation