NC6220 lan adapter problem (75 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Richard Roth Ekström
Message 1 of 3 (75 Views)

NC6220 lan adapter problem

[ Edited ]

Hi,

We have HP NC6220 running XP Sp2 OS. We have problem with the internal LAN adapter not being activated (not seen in device manager, only the Wi-Fi adapter shows upp).

When we plug in the network cable into the lan adapter connection the green led light turns on, but no yellow link activity.

We have no LAN/WLAN switching or LAN power save enabled in bios. The only thing we recieve in the event viewer (id 7000 in system) is that the Service Control Manager has problem to start the "HP PCI Information Service, path not found..".

Any hints and recommendations to solve this problem are welcome!

Regards,
Richard

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards>Windows based to Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE. -HP Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Randy C.
Message 2 of 3 (75 Views)

Re: NC6220 lan adapter problem

You may need to reinstall "hpdom.msi" on your system. You might try a search and see if the file "pciinfo.sys" exists on your machine. If not, that may be the problem.

You may download the .msi from HP at http://h20278.www2.hp.com/hpapps/hpdom/HPDOM.msi

I have no personal experience with this issue, so your mileage may vary...

Hope this helps. -Randy

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Nam Trung
Message 3 of 3 (75 Views)

Re: NC6220 lan adapter problem

I've just had the same problem with a HN NC6220.

I've searched around and found this topic.

I wonder if this solution solved your problem. I've tried it but nothing changed.
So, I have to reinstall windows, it's bad.

If you have a solution for this problem, please tell me. Thanks in advance :)

Nam Trung.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation