My HP won't let me Log In. (1811 Views)
Occasional Visitor
MeganM16
Message 1 of 3 (1,811 Views)

My HP won't let me Log In.

Back in 09, I was put in K12 Agora Cyber Charter School, And through K12, I was sent an HP laptop, andPrinter. The printer works fine. But My sister took advantage of my HP laptop while I wasn't home, and shewanted to get online using my computer. She knew that I reset my password and log in name, and she knewwhat it was. I have a few log in names and passwords that I used, and if I had set them as it, I wouldremember. But Then tonight, I was going to log on, and download up to date, for when school starts again. When I went to log on, I used my what I had thought to be my log in name, without any password, Being parent. When a message showed up saying wrong log in, I tried Computer, and again, no luck. So then I began usingthings that I had it set as before, and of course, no luck. I even tried all those, with all the possible passwords Iwould have it set as.

But of course, my sister being the brat she is, She probably reset it all to something I wouldn't guess, to spiteme, knowing her. And of course, she moved in with my dad over the summer, so I can't confront her about it. But I texted her asking her about it, and Of Course, she knew nothing. So now, I'm screwed, and don't knowhow to log onto my own computer.

If anyone can help me, it'll be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Megs(:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
ANNIE
Message 2 of 3 (1,792 Views)

Re: My HP won't let me Log In.

Hi,
Can you mention your product name?
Thanks
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** If found useful, please assign kudos located at the left hand side.
Thanks.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 3 of 3 (1,774 Views)

Re: My HP won't let me Log In.

[ Edited ]

Hi:

There are free password recovery programs that may allow you to obtain the password and log on to your PC.

The most popular utility is Ophcrack.

Here is a link to some information about it, and on this page is another link to the progam's website to download it.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ss/ophcracksbs.htm

Hopefully this will solve your problem.

Paul

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation