Re: Is it possible to go back to previous BIOS versions after installing F.21? (149 Views)
Occasional Visitor
lascetic
Message 1 of 5 (199 Views)
Accepted Solution

Is it possible to go back to previous BIOS versions after installing F.21?

I have an HP Compaq 6735s, with windows 7 x64 and BIOS version F.0E.

I never installed the F.20 version because of the problems many people seemed to have with it and because at the release notes it clearly states that "After this BIOS update has been installed, prior BIOS versions cannot be installed."

I wonder if it is the same with version F.21, because I just want to make sure that in case I am not happy with it, I can always roll back to F.0E

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Nikhil_HP
Message 2 of 5 (189 Views)

Re: Is it possible to go back to previous BIOS versions after installing F.21?

Rollback is not possible in case of BIOS.

HP Service Media Library
http://h20464.www2.hp.com/index.html
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
lascetic
Message 3 of 5 (183 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you Nikhil_HP. It's good to know, so I won't take the risk. They say "if it ain't broken, don't fix it". I generally try to keep my PC updated, but changing the BIOS can be tricky. Especially when one reads about the previous update (F.20).

Somehow I feel that they should mention in the release notes that downgrate is not possible, like they did with F.20.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Nikhil_HP
Message 4 of 5 (164 Views)

In my opinion, you should only upgrade/update any software or Firmware if you have any issue with your hardware. Otherwise let it be left as it is. 

Some 3rd party systemboards do support BIOS recovery but its not possible in this case.

HP Service Media Library
http://h20464.www2.hp.com/index.html
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
lascetic
Message 5 of 5 (149 Views)

I used to to do all updates, mainly for security reasons, but recently I realized that I kind of prefer certain old versions of software, cuz they work better for me or the updates are not as stable (at least when combined with other software on my PC). So, yes I agree with you. Thanks alot.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation