04-03-2011 07:57 AM
The maintenace manual says to remove the mylar screw covers on the back edge of the laptop, but I don't see any way of removing them without destroying them.
How do you remove them?
10-21-2012 06:33 AM - edited 10-21-2012 06:35 AM
You must remove the three "flat" screws underneath the battery, and also the two on the back of the laptop (on the sides behind where the battery is inserted).
1) Remove battery
2) Remove all five screws (three and two)
3) Remove the power button / speakers cover (lift gently)
4) Remove three more screws underneath the power button / speakers cover
5) Lift from the back, away from yourself and push upwards.
6) This should expose the RAM and you will be able to pull the two metal prongs to properly pop the RAM out gracefully.
Alternatively, please read the Sevice and Repair Manual located here: