Help! HP elitebook 8530p touch sensitive thing suddenly stopped working! (166 Views)
Occasional Visitor
thadeus31
Message 1 of 4 (166 Views)

Help! HP elitebook 8530p touch sensitive thing suddenly stopped working!

Okay so I don't really know what it's called, it's near the power on/off, the information thing, wireless button, graph thing, mute/unmute, and sound options.  I don't know how it happened but it doesn't light up anymore. Oh by the by, the worst thing is that the speaker does not work as well. I'm dying here! Please help ! Is there any button to enable/disable it?

(P.S.) I can't go to warranty thingy because my dad bought it in US. 

(photo of the problem thing below.) 

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
satishp4
Message 2 of 4 (128 Views)

Re: Help! HP elitebook 8530p touch sensitive thing suddenly stopped working!

Hi,

Seems like a hardware issue, but as a alternate solution, please try to increase the audio using th speaker icon at the bottom left or enable and disable the wireless using the icon at the same locaton ( bottom left ) on your screen. Let me know if this helps.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
thadeus31
Message 3 of 4 (79 Views)

Hello!

Thanks for replying but my English is not very good, I need a clearer instruction...

From what I understand you told me to turn the speaker thing off then on, I did that a lot of times but it seems that the touch sensitive thing might have affect it and it muted it permanently...
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
satishp4
Message 4 of 4 (70 Views)

[ Edited ]

Please try to install the Quick Launch driver and check if it helps, if not please restore the computer to an earlier date and check if it works fine  

System Restore Steps : 

1. Navigate to the Start -> All Programs ->Accessories -> System Tools program group.

2. Click on the System Restore program icon.

3. Click Next > on the Restore system files and settingswindow.

4. Choose the restore point that you want to use.

Note: Check the Show more restore points checkbox to see more than the most recent restore points.

Note: Any restore points that you created, scheduled restore points that Windows 7 created, and those created automatically during the installation of certain programs will be listed here. You can not use System Restore to undo Windows 7 changes to a date that a restore point does not exist.

5. Click Next >.

6. Click Finish on the Confirm your restore point window to begin the System Restore.

Note: Windows 7 will shut down to complete the System Restore so be sure to save any work you might have open in other programs before continuing.

Important: System Restore will not revert any of your non-system files like documents, email, music, etc. to a previous state. These types files are completely unaffected by System Restore. If your intention with this tool was to recover a deleted non-system file, try using a file recovery program instead of System Restore.

Link for quick launch software : http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=3994572&sp...

Please reply to this if you need more Help / click on Kudos icon on left hand side if resolved.

I am a HP employee, but the comments in this forum is of my own and does not represent HP

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation