HP Protect Tools download after having a new 64bit Windows 7 (12153 Views)
Occasional Visitor
GreenLakeEd
Message 1 of 5 (12,153 Views)

HP Protect Tools download after having a new 64bit Windows 7

Originally had installed and upgraded through various windows version. Now having new install of 64 bit Windows &. how do I get a new install of HP Protect tools which includes fingerprint sensor and other features.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 2 of 5 (12,083 Views)

Re: HP Protect Tools download after having a new 64bit Windows 7

Hi:

Please provide the model # of your PC, so I can give you the link to the support and download page for your notebook.

Paul

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
GreenLakeEd
Message 3 of 5 (12,053 Views)

Model niumber is Compaq nx9420

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 4 of 5 (12,041 Views)

Hi:

You should be able to use the Windows Vista Business x64 Protect Tool software and drivers for your notebook, which are listed under the Security section.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1839212&...

Paul

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ASRTech2
Message 5 of 5 (3,224 Views)

I'm currently rebuilding the SCCM deployment image for my offices EliteBook 8540p laptops. All went well until I installed HP Protect Tools. Using a current image as reference, I installed the 'embedded' portion of the whole suite. With no clear direction on how to install this, I just kept all the defaults. Now after reboot, I get the message "Embedded Security is not initialized". How do I get rid of this message or properly install this part of the suite? Win 7 Pro 64bit

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation