Re: HP Elitebook 8560w reboots automatically after every shutdown (1301 Views)
Occasional Collector
jfgamero
Message 1 of 3 (1,311 Views)

HP Elitebook 8560w reboots automatically after every shutdown

My HP Elitebook 8560W reboots automatically every single time I shut it down. The machine has behaved this way since the first time I used it.

I have done the following:

1.- Updated BIOS.

2.- Reinstalled Windows 7 Professional

3.- Run all diagnostics from BIOS setup utility showing no problem.

4.- Take the battery out and run initial as well as BIOS setups.

The only thing I have not been able to clear is a message at startup: "Warning!!! Machine not in committed state".

Any help would be really appreciated.

Julio Fernandez Gamero

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Thack77
Message 2 of 3 (1,303 Views)

Re: HP Elitebook 8560w reboots automatically after every shutdown

Hi

If you have tried all those options and the unit still reboots without first being prompted to do so there may be an issue with the system board.  If the machine is covered under warrant give HP a call, 13 10 47 and they should be able to repair it for you. 

In relation to your message at boot, when a system board is replaced a utility needs to be run to enable vpro.  If this is not enable or disabled you get your message at boot.  If this has happened since the computer was new it may be that the system board has a problem again.  If your system board has been swapped previously it may be that it was not programmed properly after the replacement.  This issue can be fixed by a HP repair shop and should be covered by warranty.

Hope that helps

Thack

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Ronald
Message 3 of 3 (1,301 Views)

Re: HP Elitebook 8560w reboots automatically after every shutdown

Hi,

If available try another adapter.

Depending on your technical skills, try removing as many parts as possible (up to just systemboard,cpu,gpu and 1 memory module). If the problem is solved after removing parts, the part you removed is most likely causing it.

You can't solve the not in commit state message as a HP confidential tool is required. You will have to call HP to get this fixed.

Regards,

Ronald

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation