HP Compaq nx9420 new hard disk (654 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Mauricio Feterman
Message 1 of 2 (654 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Compaq nx9420 new hard disk

Hello All:

I'm looking forward to replace my current 100 GB hard disk (HTS541010G9SA00 that originally came with my HP Compaq nx9420) with a new one.

What specifications should I look for for the drive to be recognized? (physical size, connector, disk capacity, SATA 1.5/3.0) (at least 250 GB capacity is needed).

Note: My company is starting a Windows 7 migration process, so that the existing Windows XP will not be reinstalled (new HD, new OS!!). All I need is Windows 7 installer to see the new disc.

Thank you in advance for your advise.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
banhien
Message 2 of 2 (651 Views)

Re: HP Compaq nx9420 new hard disk

Hi,

The nx9420 series of laptops use SATA HDD therefore with the latest BIOS it should support up to the maximum capacity of 2.5" hard drive on market today (which is 500Gb). Some manufacturers have up to 1TB 2.5" hard drives but from my reading, they may be a little bit thicker which may not be physically fit.

BH
BH
====
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation