HP Compaq 8510p (m/n: GR537AW#ABA) - Diagnostics? (476 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Dennis Costea Jr.
Message 1 of 1 (476 Views)

HP Compaq 8510p (m/n: GR537AW#ABA) - Diagnostics?

[ Edited ]

We have yet another of these Compaq 8510p models exhibiting erratic behavior and spontaneously shutting itself off after anywhere from 45 seconds to 10 minutes. 

The Docking station and external power supply have been ruled out as sole causes.  Not 100% ertain about the battery yet as I cannot get the machine to stay on long enough to run the Battery Test.

Does anyone know the location of the Diagnostic CD suitable for this model?  I would really like to get a good error code from it if I can keep it running long enough!  If there is some other "express service code' for this model I would be very happy to know about that also.

I have already reviewed the Download page at this link.

Thanks in advance!

~

Always note your original settings before changing them.
Only change one thing at a time (and Reboot).
Know the documentation supporting a change or have first-hand knowledge it works (never guess!).
When all else fails, switch to Linux! --- At least then the error are do to lack of volunteer work, not paid ineptitude.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation