HP 6735s Webcam is blurred. (329 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Kurt Goldsmith
Message 1 of 5 (329 Views)

HP 6735s Webcam is blurred.

Hi there,
Hoping to get some troubleshooting on why my webcam on my new HP 6735s Laptop is blurred. It can't seem to focus properly and anything that is too bright seems to glow ridiculously.
basically its slightly out of focus and I do not know how to focus it.

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

regards

Kurt
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (329 Views)

Re: HP 6735s Webcam is blurred.

>> It can't seem to focus properly and anything that is too bright seems to glow ridiculously.

As a photographer, I think (a) the lens could be damaged or (b) the lens could be covered by something.

Please use a soft cloth to clean the lens first. If (a), you may have to replace the camera.

BH
BH
====
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Kurt Goldsmith
Message 3 of 5 (329 Views)

Hi, Thanks for the reply, that was my initial suspicion but nothing is over the lens and it is clean. It is a laptop webcam and to replace it is difficult and more work than it is worth.

I'm hoping someone will know of a way to adjust the focus manually or with some software that is pre-installed on the laptop.

Regards

Kurt
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
banhien
Message 4 of 5 (329 Views)

Hi Kurt,

Try this:

http://www.fixya.com/support/t908627-cam_out_focus

BH
BH
====
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
SoCalMark
Message 5 of 5 (329 Views)

If you are talking about the built-in webcam, ours came with a piece of thin plastic over it. Itâ s the same protective material that is on the R/L click and power buttons. It should peel off with a little coaxing.

Hope this helps!
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation