Re: Fan is very noise most of the time on my new HP ProBook 5330m (685 Views)
Occasional Contributor
stefanhpsupport
Message 1 of 2 (727 Views)

Fan is very noise most of the time on my new HP ProBook 5330m

Hello,

I started working over the last days with my new HP ProBook 5330m but most of the time the fan is running very fast and noise, what controll options do I have to manage the fan speed and corresponding noise?

Thanks Stefan

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Drew2011
Message 2 of 2 (685 Views)

Re: Fan is very noise most of the time on my new HP ProBook 5330m

Hello, 

There is an option to turn off the battery in BIOS. Enter BIOS > System Configuration > Device Configuration.

However, it sounds like the applications you're running or the operating environment of the unit would make for a situation where the would always need to be enabled. If you feel comfortable doing so, consider inspecting the fan to see if there is any debris (hair, dust, etc.) built up in the fan. A fan should be able to run at max speed and not make such a noticeable noise so I am suspecting there is something caught in the blades which is causing an abnormal noise. The fan may also not be seated properly and any shaking movement could cause unnecessary vibrations.

Best,
Drew

I am a HP employee.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation