Elitepad 900 doesn't recognize WLAN (131 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Idc92
Message 1 of 3 (131 Views)

Elitepad 900 doesn't recognize WLAN

Hey guys,

i bought an Elitepad 900 some weeks ago and everything worked fine.

But one day (Without doing something special) my WLAN option just disappeared, and not just the option. The WLAN card isnt even listed in the Device Manager.

Basically i tried to solve this issue by just reinstalling the OS, doing the OS refresh etc. but it just didn't work.

So I contacted the support and i was sent a new System board and WLAN card.

I changed the parts, did a cold reset, reinstalled the OS, did the refresh, updated drivers. But still it just doesnt work.

I usually don't have any problems with fixing occured errors but I just don't know how to deal with something that isn't recognized at all (there is not even a Device shown that isnt recognized).

One thing I noticed is that the bluetooth seems to don't work as well.(at least I see the option but it says error when I try to active it).

It sounds a little big cocky but I'm pretty sure that the card was built in correctly and so was the Systemboard.

Have you guys any ideas or suggestions to fix this problem ?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Idc92
Message 2 of 3 (117 Views)

Re: Elitepad 900 doesn't recognize WLAN

Ok after an update the Bluetooth works now.

Now I'm even more confused because in this case it's obviously not the hardware =/

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
audj123
Message 3 of 3 (105 Views)

Re: Elitepad 900 doesn't recognize WLAN

Had the same issue but was able to see WLAN after system restore to previous point.

How did you do a cold reset?  I currently have no power up - tried holding down Power button or 5 seconds, and combo. with Power and Windows button?  Still no power up.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation