Elitebook workstation 8570w BIOS wan't update, please help !!! (437 Views)
Occasional Contributor
lespa
Message 1 of 2 (437 Views)

Elitebook workstation 8570w BIOS wan't update, please help !!!

Hi all,

I have 8570w with mSSD. I have problems with BIOS update. Namely, in all options available: HPSoftPaq, direct downlaod, USB disc hpqfalsh install files and my BIOS can't update?!

Only during USB disc flashing option the BIOS upodate screen starts but it says unsuccessful.

If it helps (the steps & configuration I've done):

- during the first starting on the notebook I've created a new disc partition, because I don't want to have OS and data on one logical drive. This was done with "Minitool partition wizard home". Since there were now more than 4 partiton (incl. HP factory ones), my Win 7 64bit informed me that now the disc drive is a dynamic one. I had no problem with it and everything worked fine and updated besides the BIOS.

- Security was set to password, fingerprint and HP's preboot security feature,all through HP Protect tools. Also when I turned all these features (beside the win pass) BIOS won't update?!

- all log files in the C:\swsetup\spXXXX were successful unpacked and in the hpqFlash.log file it is clearly stated that everything passed OK and it is ready to flash during next boot. Tried with copying all these files to FAT32 USB disc and nothing?!

- contacted HP support and as usuall they have been unhelpful, because they always give troubleshooting instructions and don't go deeply into the exact problem.

- I even reseated the BIOS and still nothing?!

Did anyone experienced such a problem? I'm pretty familiar with IT and this is a first time ever to have problems with updating a feature like BIOS.

Sincerely I think that the problem causing this issue is the dynamic HDD feature in Win 7 which makes the problem on HP_TOOLS partition.

Thanks in advance for all support!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
lespa
Message 2 of 2 (427 Views)

Re: Elitebook workstation 8570w BIOS wan't update, please help !!!

UPDATE:

I menaged to flash the BIOS to ver. F.32 from the factory F.31!

I done it while starting the .exe BIOS pckage file when it asked me if I want to install  it on the bootable USB to use it on another notebooks. Than HP's software made the USB bootlable nad you turn off the notebokk plug in the USB and start the notebook and it'll boot directly the BIOS update tool and voila!

So it seems that when you create dynamic disk (HDD), the BIOS update tools on the HP_TOOLS partiotion become unreadable to BIOS update software?! Anyway this is toooo strange and odd for HP not to test it on both dynamic and basic disks.

Please update if my conclusion is correct.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation