Re: DMI tools for CSR replacement of system board on ProBook 6560/6570b models (4207 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Ray Cardy
Message 1 of 3 (4,424 Views)

DMI tools for CSR replacement of system board on ProBook 6560/6570b models

Hi - I work for a company that supports these laptops for a customer. If they are in warranty, we log a call with HP for repair, but sometimes we have to replace a system board on a unit out of warranty - the boards we source are new OEM parts, but we need the tool to set the serial number info on them...

Please use plain text.
Collector
MidniteSun
Message 2 of 3 (4,208 Views)

Re: DMI tools for CSR replacement of system board on ProBook 6560/6570b models

I too have a similar problem.  I have been escalated to Level two support in India but to no avail.  I have the most recent EFI tool and the most recent brand tools for programming the system board.  However, when I run the tools either through a bootable USB or through Windows itself, I always receive this message, "WARNING! - Machine is not in a committed state."

Yes, the most recent BIOS has been Flashed (F 43).  All windows updates have been installed.  Drivers have been updated as well.

Level II support said to run wndmifit with in windows.  Done.  Selected Commit & Lock.  Rebooted to the same warning message.  Ran the EFI tool as instructed as well.  Still have the same warning.  Have used several different brand and programming tools all provided by HP but none will solve the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I am tired of spending endless hours on the phone with no results.

How do you actually program the 6570b system board and put it into a committed state?

Please use plain text.
Collector
MidniteSun
Message 3 of 3 (4,207 Views)

Re: DMI tools for CSR replacement of system board on ProBook 6560/6570b models

The tools can be downloaded from The HP Channel Services Network site.  Found under Laptops.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation